Now that we’ve come to the end of our sidewalk riding series for LA County, we’d like to provide you with some easy reference tools. Brand new developments are:
- A pdf with alphabetic listings of each category for sidewalk riding and the corresponding citation in that city’s municipal code.
- A color coded map showing which cities allow sidewalk riding, which don’t, and which restrict riding in a “business district”.
- Another “page” at the top of the blog, keeping all sidewalk riding information one place.
It’s interesting to note that the cities which don’t allow sidewalk riding are often bunched together, like Inglewood, Hawthorne, Lawndale & Gardena or the cities grouped around the Pomona Freeway.
The final tally came out to:
- Sidewalk riding allowed: 12 cities
- Sidewalk riding not allowed: 32 cities & LA County
- Sidewalk riding not allowed in “business districts”: 25 cities
- No clear language in the municipal code: 19 cities