/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mayors-bycycle-poster-psa-press-event-aug-24-100.jpg 199 300 cyclist http://bike.lacity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tempBikeLogo2.jpg cyclist2010-08-24 13:12:122015-09-12 00:59:54"GIVE ME 3" updates
We’re going to use this post as a clearinghouse for all things “GIVE ME 3”.
- The Mayor’s Office has an official press release: Mayor & LA Bike Coalition Unveil Winning Safety Ad Design
- The “GIVE ME 3” campaign has already been picked up by the LAist: Villaraigosa Unveils Poster: Drivers, Give Cyclists 3 Feet!
- Curbed LA gets into the act: Give ‘Em Three–Mayor’s Bike Safety Campaign Launches
- LACBC has their own viewpoint: “Give Me 3” Bike Safety Posters Unveiled by Mayor Villaraigosa
- Streetsblog comes in with their coverage this morning: Push for 3 foot passing law finds new booster
- Biking in LA has coverage, including coverage of our coverage. We better be careful, or it’ll be like looking into two mirrors…
- LA Weekly’s blog is skeptical: Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa Unveils First of Bike Safety Measures
- ABC 7 has a quick blurb: Villaraigosa unveils new bicycle safety ad
- “GIVE ME 3” is also being covered by Yo! Venice!: “Give Me 3” Campaign Unveiled Today
- BeAGreenCommuter also has Give Me 3 coverage.
- Bikerumor finds and reposts the Mayor’s press release in Mayor and Los Angeles Bike Coalition Ask For 3 Feet
- Be sure to check out the LADOT Bike Blog flickr account for photos and videos of the press conference.
- Mayor Villaraigosa unveils GIVE ME 3 on his twitter feed. Speaking of Twitter, there are quite a few people out there re-tweeting the Mayor’s message. Dude on a Bike has a twitpic of the Mayor signing the new poster. BikeMetro, the new twitter feed for Metro’s bike division, also gave us a tweet.
- LA Daily News also covers the event: Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa launches bike-safety campaign, also republished through the Pasadena Star-News