Last Tuesday, 15 people met on the 9th floor of the Caltrans building downtown to discuss upcoming bike lanes, upcoming bike paths, and the future of Sharrows in Los Angeles. They met to discuss the engineering realities of each project and how to best move them forward for the benefit of all bicyclist Angelinos. The results of this meeting, and the one held earlier this month, will be reported back to the full Bicycle Advisory Committee when they next meet. In case you forgot when the BAC meets:
Bicycle Advisory Committee
Tuesday, February 1st at 7:00 PM at Hollywood City Hall, 6501 Fountain Ave.
If you can’t make it out next week, fear not: LADOT Bike Blog will be tweeting the proceedings as well as providing detailed notes on this here blog early next month.
BAC Bikeways Subcommittee Agenda
Projects discussed were:
- the progress made on LA’s test Sharrows project,
- extending bike lanes on York Boulevard,
- completing bike lanes on Reseda Boulevard,
- the Main Street Road Diet/bike lanes project, and
- the San Fernando Road bike path